About Middlesbrough Matters
Middlesbrough Matters is an on-line facility to provide a ‘one stop shop’ to give people access to information about help and support that can be available to them.
The Middlesbrough Matters directory will:
- Provide easy access to service users, helping them find the information they need about the services and support that are available to them
- Provide a free and easy to access site which will allow service providers to promote and sell their services
Even if you do not think you are entitled to any support or help from the Council, Middlesbrough Matters will provide you access to extensive information for where you can get access help and advice.
Visitors can search for services in a number of ways from the homepage:
- Using keywords in the ‘Search for’ box. This search scans the database of Services looking for your keywords within their service page information and the categories they are linked to.
- Using the location search ‘Within’ and ‘Miles of’ the search will list the nearest to the location at the top of the list followed by the next nearest throughout the county.
- Using the combined Keyword ‘Search for’ and location ‘Within’ and ‘Miles of’ will use the two searches to find what you are looking for.
- Using the ‘Show more options’ advanced search you can search by Service name, Organisation name and / or Service type.
- Using the Categories to search you can browse across a range of areas giving an opportunity to see a range of different services available across the town.
From the search results you can click on any Provider and read about the service(s) they offer and find out how to contact them.
You can submit feedback anytime about a service you have used.
You can save providers in your shortlist whilst logged into the same session to easily refer back to them or you can register and have the option to save providers in your ‘favourites’ to view in any session when you login.
Middlesbrough Matters Directory has been developed alongside other similar directories across the UK including East Sussex 1Space and West London CarePlace and we would like to thank them both for their help in developing the directory.